CALL 911 OR YOUR LOCAL HEALTH CARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU SUSPECT SHELLFISH POISONING.
The AHAB Network
The Alaska Harmful Algal Bloom Network (AHAB) was formed in 2017 to provide a statewide approach to HAB awareness, research, monitoring, and response in Alaska. AHAB coordinates a diverse group of coastal stakeholders to address human and wildlife health risks from toxic algal blooms.
- Reduce health risks to humans from HABs
- Identify information needs, data gaps, and emerging HAB threats
- Expand and enhance statewide HAB, wildlife and shellfish monitoring
- Improve effectiveness of and coordination for HAB event response
- Develop HAB event forecasting capabilities
- Improve HAB education and outreach to coastal Alaskans
- Unify and build on existing regional HAB networks in Alaska
- Facilitate a safe supply of seafood